Get an introduction to container standards.
- [Instructor] So when you talk about…container standards that matter,…you're really talking about companies as well as standards.…So, Docker is the largest player.…They're a standard and a company.…But many substandards and companies…are starting to pop up.…So, we have orchestration layers…like Hubernetis and Mesas…and we have even competitors to Docker…such as 4 OS and the rocket container.…So keep in mind that companies are operating…in their own self interests, not to promote standards.…
So even though they're trying…to be stewards of the standards,…which is the case with Docker…and certainly Docker the company…as well as many other companies that are involved with that.…They're still going to focus on their own bottom line,…so they're more likely to put out…proprietary enclosed systems…than they are to leverage the open code standards,…so open source certainly being a religion…is part of containers,…but it's not necessarily systemic to containers…like it is with other technologies,…so keep that in mind.…
So Docker of course is the leader…
- Containers vs. virtual machines
- When vs. when not to use containers
- Building new apps with containers
- Moving existing apps to containers
- Example container applications
- Standards, tools, processes, and skills
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Container Basics
2. Fundamentals of Container Building
3. Leveraging Container Fundamentals
Container applications2m 53s
4. Where to Next?
Next steps3m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.