Learn how to consider the costs for the private cloud.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about considering costs.…Basically taking the business case down to the next level.…A couple of things that are important to understand,…a private cloud should be cheaper…than traditional systems.…So if we're not improving on the efficiency…of how we run traditional computing,…then moving to the private cloud…is going to be contraindicating.…However, they may not be cheaper than public clouds.…So we may find that we're going to a private cloud…for reasons other than cost.…And that the public cloud alternative is always…going to be there, we're making some conscious decision…not to leverage the public cloud.…
My advice to you is that you look at the public cloud first…in terms of requirements, and if for some reason…it can't meet those requirements,…then a private cloud is an option.…So in considering costs,…focus on what it costs to build and operate,…so it's not only the hardware and software,…the licensing cost, the hardware and software,…but what it costs to build and operate in terms of…
- Private cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing OpenStack
- Reviewing Microsoft Private Cloud
- Reviewing VMware vCloud Suite
- Reviewing Apache CloudStack
Skill Level Beginner
1. Private Cloud Basics
2. Private Cloud Platforms
4. Microsoft Private Cloud
5. VMware vCloud Suite Private Cloud
6. Apache CloudStack Private Cloud
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.