Learn how to consider the costs.
- [Instructor] So let's drill down a bit more…on the business case for cloud computing,…specifically talking about costs or considering costs.…What's important is that we focus on what it cost…to build and operate a cloud…versus what it cost to build and operate…an on-premise system.…So this isn't about modernizing everything…and moving to the cloud so we can put it on our resume…or managed by magazine…or basically try to move in directions…that we think others are moving,…this is about making a legitimate business case…for cost reduction…and benefits, such as agility, that are going to happen…within the enterprise.…
Watch out for hidden costs,…such as training or data center space.…They can get you.…So in other words lots of people don't think…about what it takes to change the infrastructure,…change the skill sets,…and also some of the data center space that we have…under lease can't go away and we can't sublet it,…so that may be an ongoing cost that we have.…Data, hardware, software, things like that…that we've already purchased,…
- Public cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Reviewing Microsoft Azure
- Reviewing Google Cloud Platform
- Reviewing IBM Softlayer
Skill Level Beginner
1. Public Cloud Basics
2. Public Cloud Platforms
3. Amazon Web Services
4. Microsoft Azure
5. Google Cloud Platform
6. IBM Softlayer
Next steps3m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.