Join David Bombal for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure Mininet MAC addresses, part of Practical Software-Defined Networking: 3 Learning Mininet.
- [Instructor] Okay, back on ODL,…so setup the topology once again, reload.…Notice no PCs are displayed.…Do a pingall.…PCs are now displayed.…The problem here is the MAC addresses…are constantly changing to random values.…So, if I run Mininet again, pingall,…these were the MAC addresses previously.…If I look at host one's MAC address,…it's now changed from what it was previously.…
If I click reload, notice new MAC address displays.…So, the issue here is the MAC addresses…are constantly changing.…And, let's be honest, it's not easy to remember…those kind of MAC addresses.…What we can do is we can use the option --mac,…do a pingall, and when I do a reload,…notice the MAC addresses are simple-to-read MAC addresses.…Host one, host two.…That's much easier to read.…So, I'll type exit, reload, run Mininet again,…click reload, notice same MAC addresses have appeared.…
Each host will get a MAC address that increments,…so one, two, three, four, and so forth.…And, we can show that by changing the topology…to a single switch, but now connect four PCs…
Note: This course uses GNS3 for all demonstrations.
- Why Mininet?
- Working with Mininet commands
- sudo mn
- Starting a web server on a Mininet host
- Configuring Mininet MAC addresses
- Mininet linear, tree, and torus topologies
- Bridging Mininet to the outside world
- Mininet OpenFlow version
Skill Level Beginner
Networking Foundations: IP Addressingwith Timothy Pintello2h 35m Intermediate
Networking Foundations: Network Media (LANs)with Greg Sowell1h 9m Intermediate
1. Mininet Overview
2. Mininet Integration with ODL
3. Mininet Commands
4. Mininet Topologies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.