In this video, Marc Menninger describes how to conduct a security assessment. Discover the potential threats or roadblocks to successfully conducting a security assessment.
- You've done the planning…and now comes the moment of truth:…actually conducting the assessment.…Luckily, the written assessment plan provides the blueprint…which all parties should know and follow…to complete the security tests.…In fact, if there's any reason to make changes…to the final authorized plan,…permission should be obtained in writing…from the original signers.…Ideally, security tasks will be conducted…in accordance to the assessment plan…without any issues or incidents.…
However, problems can occur.…Tests may cause a system outage…or a security attack can be discovered in progress.…When something like this happens,…the team conducting the assessment must know how to react.…A well-written assessment plan will describe…which actions to take and whom to contact…in the event of these contingencies.…When in doubt though, the assessor in charge…should follow standard escalation procedures…to notify the appropriate personnel that there's a problem.…
Other potential roadblocks to successfully…conducting a security assessment…
- Developing technical security assessments
- Conducting technical security reviews
- Identifying and analyzing targets
- Validating target vulnerabilities
- Planning a technical assessment
- Conducting a technical assessment
- Implementing remediation and mitigation
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Technical Security Assessments
2. Technical Security Assessment Reviews
3. Identify and Analyze Targets
4. Validate Target Vulnerabilities
5. Planning Technical Security Assessments
6. Executing the Technical Security Assessment
7. Post-Testing Activities
Report the results2m 16s
Next steps1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.