Learn what the CERT functions are and how to use them in this video.
- [Instructor] The computer emergency response team,…or CERT,…is a community made up of numerous official groups…to provide information on cyber security.…These groups study vulnerabilities…and aid organizations and companies that fall under attack.…They offer 24-hour emergency services,…and they share information to companies…on how they can better improve their web security.…This organization is part of Carnegie Mellon University.…The US-CERT on the other hand,…is a part of the Department of Homeland Security.…
US-CERT and CERT work very closely together,…and they coordinate their response efforts…whenever an incident arises.…Your organization should also have…its own emergency response team.…They're going to be responsible for leading the charge…during an incident response within your organization.…When an incident occurs,…your team should attempt to contain the attack,…repair any damage,…and assist the information technology operations department…with restoring the system back to its normal operations.…Your organization should have a plan in place…
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.