While we typically develop security programs for the purposes of safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our information, we often also face external requirements to build security controls. In this video, learn about information security compliance issues, including compliance with laws, regulations, best practices, and standards.
- [Instructor] While we typically develop…security programs for the purpose…of safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity,…and availability of our information,…we also often face external requirements…to build security controls.…Compliance programs ensure that an organization's…security controls are consistent with a variety…of laws, regulations, and standards…that govern organizations.…There are a wide variety of compliance obligations…facing modern enterprises and these obligations…differ depending upon the geographic location…of the organization and it's industry.…
A university in the United States…has far different compliance requirements,…for example, than a retail merchant in Europe.…Both organizations may face a significant compliance…burden, but the details will vary.…Security training programs should include…coverage of the specific compliance obligations…facing an organization as well as the responsibilities…of individual employees to ensure continued compliance.…For example, if a law requires that employees…
Looking for study partners?Join the CISSP Exam study group
Learn about information security and risk management practices needed to complete the first domain of the 2018 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam. CISSP is the industry's gold standard certification, necessary for many mid- and senior-level positions. This course includes coverage of key exam topics from the Security and Risk Management domain: security governance, compliance and policy issues, personnel security, threat modeling, and vendor management. Author Mike Chapple also covers the trifecta of information confidentiality, integrity, and availability. He reviews business continuity and risk management strategies, and highlights the importance of ongoing security awareness and education in any organization.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.