While we typically develop security programs for the purposes of safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our information, we often also face external requirements to build security controls. In this video, learn about information security compliance issues, including compliance with laws, regulations, best practices, and standards.
- [Narrator] While we typically develop security programs…for the purpose of safeguarding…the confidentiality, integrity, and availability…of our information,…we also often face external requirements…to build security controls.…Compliance programs ensure that an organization's…security controls are consistent with the variety of laws,…regulations, and standards that govern organizations.…There are a wide variety of compliance obligations…facing modern enterprises,…and these obligations differ depending upon…the geographic location of the organization…and its industry.…
A university in the United States has far different…compliance requirements, for example,…than a retail merchant in Europe.…Both organizations may face a significant compliance burden,…but the details will vary.…Security training programs…should include coverage of the specific…compliance obligations facing an organization,…as well as the responsibilities of individual…employees to ensure continued compliance.…For example, if a law requires…that employees never write down credit card numbers,…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 33m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.