Security professionals perform monitoring in an effort to ensure that systems and applications remain compliant with both internal standards and external laws and regulations. In this video, Mike Chapple explains the basics of compliance monitoring.
- [Instructor] Security professionals…also perform monitoring in an effort to ensure…that systems and applications…remain compliant with various standards.…Compliance monitoring occurs for two different reasons.…First, organizations may wish to ensure…that their systems and applications comply…with internal standards.…If the organization has a standard requiring the use…of current anti-virus software on all systems,…compliance monitoring can verify that the software…is present on every device in the organization.…
And that each device has recently updated…anti-virus signatures.…Second, organizations may use compliance monitoring…to verify that they remain compliant…with laws, regulations and contractual obligations.…Organizations handling credit card data,…for example should use compliance monitoring…to verify that the configuration…of all systems that they operate remains compliant…with the payment card industry data security standard.…An organization's approach to compliance monitoring…may vary depending upon the importance…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.