Learn about the basics of VMware as related to compatibility with traditional software.
- [Man] Okay, let's look at vCloud,…which is from VMware,…in terms of compatibility,…and we're going to look at flexibility,…and basically all of the attributes…that we've looked at in the other private clouds…that we're looking at today,…including OpenStack and Azure we've looked at so far.…What's important about vCloud…is it's pretty much the evolution…of the virtualization platform…to include private cloud features.…If you're into the VMware virtualization stuff,…which lots of folks are, and it's very popular…if you go to VMWorld, there's thousands of people there…and for good reason.…
Data centers are running on it.…It is going to be a good private cloud option for you.…Perhaps a good private cloud option for you…because of compatibility…with existing VMware ways of doing things.…The public cloud version of this is not as much…of a focus on VMware's new partnership with AWS.…As you can see by this article,…AWS and VMware announced a strategic partnership,…and they're providing a new hybrid cloud service.…So on-premises, you have management capabilities, vSphere,…
- Private cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing OpenStack
- Reviewing Microsoft Private Cloud
- Reviewing VMware vCloud Suite
- Reviewing Apache CloudStack
Skill Level Beginner
1. Private Cloud Basics
2. Private Cloud Platforms
4. Microsoft Private Cloud
5. VMware vCloud Suite Private Cloud
6. Apache CloudStack Private Cloud
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.