Learn about the basics of Microsoft Azure as related to compatibility with traditional software.
- [Instructor] Microsoft as we speak and record this course…is updating their private cloud offering.…So it's important to understand what's changing.…The focus is still on Microsoft compatibility…and Windows compatibility in the cloud.…However, you need to understand…that what they're offering in a year…is going to be very different than what's out now.…Largely, they support their private cloud…through System Center now…and they're moving to something called Azure Stack…which is interesting unto itself.…So old Microsoft private cloud is not a single product.…It's software is Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1,…System Center 2012,…and you need Microsoft Consulting to get it up and running.…
Leveraging a Microsoft private cloud…is going to be basically a development effort…and certainly an expensive proposition…if you have to start moving in that direction.…New is Azure Stack.…For customers,…it will be something that looks and feels like Azure.…So if you look at the private cloud console…and how you would allocate servers, things like that.…
- Private cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing OpenStack
- Reviewing Microsoft Private Cloud
- Reviewing VMware vCloud Suite
- Reviewing Apache CloudStack
Skill Level Beginner
1. Private Cloud Basics
2. Private Cloud Platforms
4. Microsoft Private Cloud
5. VMware vCloud Suite Private Cloud
6. Apache CloudStack Private Cloud
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.