Keystroke Loggers record every keystroke made on the system. Lisa Bock compares software and hardware Keyloggers. Software Keyloggers work silently in the background, however can be detected by antimalware protection. Hardware Keyloggers have their own processor and on-board memory, however, you must have physical access to the device.
- [Voiceover] Keystroke Loggers record…every keystroke made on the system.…They come in two different flavors, software and hardware.…A software Keylogger will run in the background…and record every keystroke.…And then stores the results on a hard drive on the system.…Work can be later copied or removed by the attacker.…Software Keyloggers can be thought…of in two different classes.…One which is observable in the Task Manager and can be seen.…If a Keystroke Logger can be seen in the Task Manager…it can be disabled by simply right clicking…and selecting end process.…
Then there are Stealth Keyloggers.…These are not easily visible.…They're a bit harder to detect.…However, they can be found and disabled…if the user has administrative privileges.…Spyware and malware tools will also…most of the time pick up Keyloggers…as they are a form of spyware.…When setting up a Keylogger…some Keyloggers send an email after gathering…a predetermined amount of activity.…Although this might be a handy feature…if we send anything such as an email,…
These tutorials, along with the other courses featured in the Ethical Hacking series, will prepare students to pass the Certified Ethical Hacker exam and start a career in this in-demand field. Find out more about the exam at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Acquiring passwords
- Generating rainbow tables
- Understanding where passwords are stored
- Defending against privilege escalation
- Understanding spyware
- Protecting against keylogging
- Detecting steganography
- How hackers cover their tracks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. System Hacking Overview
2. Gaining Access
3. Privilege Escalation
6. Hiding in Plain Sight
7. Cover Your Tracks
How to cover your tracks2m 34s
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.