Learn about some of the common features you can find within most public clouds.
- [Instructor] So looking at some of the common patterns…of the public cloud providers is extremely important…because those common patterns will lead you down the road…to the solution that you're seeking.…So you need to focus on what's important to your enterprise,…not what's being written in the media.…That is a huge bit of advice that you need to take.…I think that we have a tendency to follow the leaders,…certainly Amazon Web Services as being the one right now,…and not focus on the secondary solutions…that don't appear in the radar screen…because of the way the media spends it…and that may lead you down the wrong road.…
The solution that you pick…could be the second tier or third tier player…because they're able to meet your needs better,…cheaper, faster, and you need to be open minded…before you get in and start doing this analysis.…You can get this wrong and nothing else goes right.…So you can pick the wrong cloud…and you'll find that we can't build apps,…we can't move applications to the cloud for some reason…
- Public cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Reviewing Microsoft Azure
- Reviewing Google Cloud Platform
- Reviewing IBM Softlayer
Skill Level Beginner
1. Public Cloud Basics
2. Public Cloud Platforms
3. Amazon Web Services
4. Microsoft Azure
5. Google Cloud Platform
6. IBM Softlayer
Next steps3m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.