Learn about VM escape, Privilege elevation, Live VM migration, and data remnants as they apply to the commingling of hosts of different security requirements.
[Narrator] - No discussion of virtualization…and cloud computing would be complete…without mentioning the concepts of…VM escape…Privilege escalation…Live VM migration…and Date remnants.…After all, our virtualized systems…are all residing on a common host much of the time.…VM escape is a type of attack where a hacker attempts…to get out of an isolated virtual machine…and send commands directly to the hypervisor.…Because each virtual machine is supposed to be isolated…performing a VM escape…should be very difficult to accomplish.…
After all, each guest operating system…doesn't even know itself that it's part…of a virtualized machine.…In fact it still thinks it has full access…to an emulated physical machine.…For a VM escape to be effective…the attacker must find a way to directly interface…with the underlying physical resources,…such as the physical server's memory.…This usually occurs by exploiting a vulnerability…in the hypervisor code itself.…There have been a few instances of this occurring,…and patched have been developed and released…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Adapting data flow security to changing business needs
- Provisioning and deprovisioning resources
- Security and privacy considerations of storage integration
- Integrating the cloud and virtualization into the secure enterprise architecture
- Identity proofing and identity propagation
- Integrating cryptographic techniques into the secure enterprise architecture
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Mobile device encryption considerations
- Integrating secure communications and collaboration solutions
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
CASP+ Cert Prep: 1 Risk Managementwith Jason Dion2h 34m Advanced
1. Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
2. Integrating the Cloud and Virtualization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
3. Integrating Authentication and Authorization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
4. Integrating Cryptographic Techniques into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
5. Integrating Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
What next?3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.