Understand how service console monitoring programming APIs via AWS SDK work. Learn about viewing available metrics, metric values, and about creating custom metrics for one or more AWS services.
- [Instructor] In addition to the console…and the scripting interface with the AWS CLI…Amazon provides a API as well as a SDK…so if you want to programmatically view…and or create new metrics, you can do so.…Now they support a number of programming languages.…I'm just going to use NODE in my example…because I find it's probably the simplest…but Amazon supports all popular programming languages.…I think it's 11 or 12 as of this recording…so your implementation may differ…depending on which programming language you choose.…
The general idea is similar…to what we just saw in AWS CLI sections.…In that you have to set up your environment…and then you have to invoke,…in this case, the SDK or API calls…so you can retrieve metrics.…You also could set up alert conditions…or create alerts based on metric values.…And you could ultimately create…custom metrics or logs as needed.…And I promise you this will be the last time…that I mention it but like I said,…I see it so often in teens.…I just can't help myself.…
When do you need to create custom logs or custom metrics?…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Deploying and Provisioningwith Brandon Rich3h 18m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.