Review the security characteristics for storing data in the cloud.
- [Instructor] When it comes to cloud storage,…I mean we mentioned earlier that there were many breaches in…terms of cloud service solutions that led to data leakage,…and these have been documented…and popularized in the news and the media.…If our organization is going to use…a cloud storage platform we want to make sure…that we are using that securely as well.…And there are some common methods…to securing data in the cloud.…We want to make sure we're using multi-factor authentication,…that we're tying that to a token,…a one time password or something biometric.…
And if we're doing single sign on or federated identity…management that we do that in a secure way.…We want to make sure we have audit trails,…we know who's accessing which files and folders…and audit trails just from revision control…and versioning of files that we may be storing…in a cloud storage environment.…Reporting, logging on those files that are stored,…and who accesses them is important if we…do have a security incident to go back and investigate.…
This course was created and produced by Mentor Source, Inc. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Components of a cloud computing platform
- Reviewing 5-4-3 cloud characteristics
- NIST guidelines on cloud security
- Cloud security considerations
- CSP availability requirements
- Security best practices for clouds
- AWS security settings and best practices
- Software containers used in cloud systems
- Cloud security certifications