In this video, you can learn about what is important to consider before choosing to use the cloud for storing your data, such as security, the "appetizer" approach, outages, and theft.
- [Instructor] Cloud storage continues…to increase in popularity as an attractive solution…for many organizations.…While there are many advantages,…there are also potential pitfalls,…so let's explore both in this movie.…Aside from the cost savings we've discussed…in previous movies, it's important to understand…how cloud storage offers a great way…to protect your data.…Having your data stored offsite…beats backing up your data and storing onsite…in the event of a physical catastrophe.…Keeping your data stored safely offsite…can mean the difference between shutting down…your business for a few days to recover…and shutting down your business for good.…
With cloud storage, you're not looking at…an all or nothing proposition.…In fact, it might be smart to take a mixed approach…to cloud storage in the beginning,…using it for a few non-critical purposes.…Until you find a cloud storage vendor…that meshes well with your current IT systems,…why not take the appetizer approach…of testing one or two systems…before going all in when you find the provider…
- Cloud components and infrastructure
- Cloud computing benefits
- Cloud security
- Cloud storage considerations
- Working with Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, iCloud, and more
- Using collaboration tools: Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, and more
- Migrating to the cloud
- Monitoring the performance of your cloud services
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Evaluate Cloud Computing for Business
3. Cloud Storage
About storage providers2m 1s
4. Cloud Tools and Services
5. Cloud Tools for Teams
6. Migrate to the Cloud
7. Evaluate Cloud Performance
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.