Cloud computing allows us to make hardware a complete abstraction so that the engineers and developers who manage servers and write code simply don’t need to know the details of managing the underlying hardware platform. In this video, learn about the four major cloud computing models: public cloud, private cloud, hybrid cloud, and community cloud.
- [Narrator] Cloud computing is the information storage…and processing model of the future.…In the last video you learned…how virtualization was a major advance in the industry…that evolved over time from mainframe computing…to the client server model,…and eventually developed the virtualization technology…that allowed the use of the client server model…on effeciently shared hardware.…Cloud computing is the next logical evolution…in the enterprise information technology world.…Virtualization made computing hardware a commodity.…
Cloud commodity simply allows us to make hardware…a complete abstraction so that the engineers…and developers who manage servers and write code…don't need to know the details…of managing the underlying hardware platform.…In many cases that platform may be managed…by a completely separate company.…Cloud computing simply defined…is the delivery of computing resources…over a network, such as the internet, as a service.…The cloud offers many benefits to organizations.…
It provides flexibility and scalability…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.