Learn about the fog platform in the Cisco service provider IoT solution, and its overall device cloud architecture.
- [Instructor] As one of the leading…communication equipment providers,…Cisco's entry into the IoT field…is a significant one.…Of special interest, is the extension…of that traditional hardware equipment…into the Cisco cloud service.…The Cisco SP program is aimed at service providers…and the transformation of their infrastructure…to a Cisco cloud-based service.…One of the target service provider capabilities…Cisco is promoting is IoT…with their Cisco SP-IoT servers.…Devices connect to the SP-IoT servers…using one of a range of proximity networking protocols.…
Such as LoRa, NB-IoT, or Wi-Fi.…For example, devices can connect…to a Cisco LoRa gateway, which connects…through the internet to the LoRa back end applications.…In the SP-IoT servers, the devices connect…into a cloud-based network edge,…which Cisco calls the fog services lab.…The overall Cisco IoT architecture…has five layers.…The bottom is the service provider…managed proximity networks.…The Cisco service started the fog services layer,…in which connectivity exists and processing…
- Designing an enterprise architecture
- Architecting security
- Designing IoT security
- Domain specific architectures
- Proximity network services
- IoT application services
- Revised conceptual architecture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Enterprise Architecture
2. Designing IoT Security
3. Domain Specific Architectures
4. Proximity Network Services
5. Application Tier Services
6. Revised Conceptual Architecture
Bringing it all together4m 48s
What's next1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.