Change management processes ensure that organizations follow a standardized process for requesting, reviewing, approving, and implementing changes to information systems. They have the goal of minimizing the probability and impact of disruptions to normal IT services because of change. In this video, learn about change and configuration management and software inventories.
- [Instructor] Information technology is in…a constant state of change.…It's hard to find an organization that relies on technology…that doesn't go through changes every day,…ranging from simple software updates…to major system deployments.…Information security professionals must understand…the roles that change and configuration management play…in protecting an organization.…Change is a good thing.…Progress comes from change.…And organizations change on a daily basis.…When it comes to information technology,…organizations must take steps to ensure…that change achieves business objectives…without disrupting operations.…
That's where change management comes into play.…Change management processes ensure…that organizations follow a standardized process…for requesting, reviewing, approving,…and implementing changes to information systems.…They have the goal of minimizing the probability…and impact of disruptions to normal IT services…because of change.…This includes an assessment…of the security impact of a proposed change.…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.