Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Certification and accreditation, part of CySA+ (CS0-001) Cert Prep: 4 Security Governance.
- [Narrator] The government is, by necessity,…very serious about cyber security…and has had rigorous cyber security programs…in place for decades,…long before the private sector…began considering information security issues.…In order to manage the complexity…of securing many diverse systems,…the U.S. government developed standardized evaluation models…designed to help them understand…the security requirements of different situations…and the security capabilities of different products.…
In 1983, the National Security Agency…issued the Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria,…abbreviated TCSEC.…The security community quickly discarded that bulky name…and began referring to this book…by the distinctive color of its cover,…calling it the orange book.…The orange book described the security requirements…that the Department of Defense used for computer systems…and the process that the government would follow…when evaluating systems under that model.…
It was widely used…in the military computing community for decades,…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.