There are also many legitimate ways administrators use screen capture tool. However, capturing screen activity can be done for malicious purposes. In this video, Lisa Bock explores some of the practical uses for monitoring a user remotely. Understand best practices for user education regarding screen capture, both at home and in the workplace.
- Capturing screen activity is another form of spyware.…However, there are a number of valid reasons…why we might monitor someone's screen.…For example, if monitoring children's activity,…we can monitor for online predators, cyberbullying,…exposure of personal information…that might result in identify theft or fraud,…or excessive screen time.…In a corporate environment,…employees should not have any expectations of privacy,…as there may be monitoring for a number of reasons,…such as monitoring for viruses or malware,…or perhaps exposure of sensitive information.…
In schools, teachers use screen monitoring…to watch for inappropriate behavior…and evidence of cheating during a test.…In most cases, good practice has written policies…about screen monitoring…or if at home, there is a discussion on screen monitoring.…However, understand that screen monitoring software…can be installed without someone's knowledge…and all activity can be monitored.…Now, there are a number…of screen monitoring tools available.…
I've downloaded a free trial of ScreenFetch…
These tutorials, along with the other courses featured in the Ethical Hacking series, will prepare students to pass the Certified Ethical Hacker exam and start a career in this in-demand field. Find out more about the exam at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Acquiring passwords
- Generating rainbow tables
- Understanding where passwords are stored
- Defending against privilege escalation
- Understanding spyware
- Protecting against keylogging
- Detecting steganography
- How hackers cover their tracks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. System Hacking Overview
2. Gaining Access
3. Privilege Escalation
6. Hiding in Plain Sight
7. Cover Your Tracks
How to cover your tracks2m 34s
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.