Join Ryan Spence for an in-depth discussion in this video Cameras and microphones, part of Learning Mobile Device Security.
- [Instructor] The ability to create high resolution images…from my smart phone is admittedly a joy.…I've been able to capture more of life…than I ever would have carrying around…my big digital camera.…Cameras are all about light and context.…A camera is always available in a mobile operating system…and if someone can get access to my device…they can get access to my device's camera…and through them they can learn an incredible amount…of information about me.…For example, they can see what is around me…to learn where I work, shop, eat, play, and live.…
If I work in protected environments…they can learn how I access the space,…they could even witness parts of my life…I explicitly intend to keep private.…This inappropriate use of cameras…isn't just activity criminals engage in,…but schools, businesses, and government agencies…have all been caught exploiting the ability…to access cameras without the user detection.…There are ways I can protect myself.…In my personal phone disabling the camera…needs to be a temporary solution.…
- Recognize two risks that accompany mobile devices.
- Recall the steps you should take to prepare a mobile phone for resale.
- Name three causes of an unrecognizable fingerprint scan.
- Identify two options available when setting up device administrators.
- Explore storage settings to maximize space on your mobile device.
- Explain how the location services tool finds a missing device.
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
Learning iPhone and iPad Securitywith Nick Brazzi1h 44m Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Security through Mobile Management
5. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.