Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our CISSP Security Operations course. The Certified Information System Security Professional, or CISSP certification, is the gold standard for information security certification. You'll find that it's a core requirement for many mid and senior level information security positions. Earning the CISSP requires demonstrating that you have sufficient work experience and passing an exam covering the eight domains of information security. This course covers the seventh of those eight domains, security operations. 13% of the questions on the CISSP exam come from this domain. I have two decades of experience as an information security professional, and I've been involved in CISSP training and certification for most of those. As you work your way through this course, you might find it helpful to have two books that I've written by your side. The first is the official CISSP study guide, available from Cybex. The second book you'll want is the official CISSP practice tests, also available from Cybex. As we work our way through this course, we'll focus on each topic covered by domain seven. We'll review how to conduct and support security investigations and the requirements for different investigation types. We'll also cover the incident management process and you'll learn how you can conduct logging and monitoring activities. You'll also discover the importance of solid business continuity and disaster recovery programs. And that's just a small sampling of the many topics covered in this course. These topics combined with the information you learn in our other CISSP courses will help you pass the CISSP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security. In addition to using this course and the companion books to prepare for the exam, I encourage you to visit my website at certmike.com and sign up for my free CISSP study group. I'll send you weekly emails guiding you through the exam preparation process and offer you test taking tips to get you ready for the exam. Alright, let's get rolling.