Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple and I'd like to welcome you to our CISSP Security Operations course. The certified information systems security professional or CISSP certification, is the gold standard for information security certification. You'll find that CISSP is a core requirement for many mid and senior level information security positions. Earning the CISSP requires demonstrating that you have sufficient work experience and passing an exam covering the eight domains of information security.
This course covers the seventh of those eight domains, security operations. 13 percent of the questions on the CISSP exam come from this domain. As you work your way through this course, you might find it helpful to have two books that I've written by your side. The first is the official CISSP Study Guide, available from Sybex. This book is approved by (ISC)2 as the official study guide for the exam. And it contains context that supplements this course and will help you be prepared when you take the exam.
The second book that you'll want is the Official CISSP Practice Tests, also available from Sybex. This book contains over 1,300 practice exam questions designed to mimic those on the actual CISSP exam. It has an entire chapter dedicated to questions from each domain, along with two full length practice tests to help you assess your progress. As we work our way through this course, we'll focus on each topic covered by domain seven.
We'll review how to conduct and support security investigations and the requirements for different investigation types. We'll also cover the incident management process and you'll learn how you can conduct logging and monitoring activities. You'll also discover the importance of solid business continuity and disaster recovery programs. That's just a small sampling of the many topics covered in this course. These topics combined with the information that you learned in our other CISSP courses will help you pass the CISSP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security.
In addition to using this course and the companion books to prepare for the exam, I encourage you to visit my website at certmike.com and sign up for my free CISSP study group. I'll send you weekly emails guiding you through the exam preparation process and offer you test taking tips to help you get ready for the exam. All right, let's get rolling.