- Using security assessment tools
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Threat assessment techniques
- Performing penetration testing
- Reviewing monitor logs
- Performing code reviews
- Performing fuzz testing and misuse case testing
- Analyzing coverage
- Assessing disaster recovery sites and backups
- Testing BC/DR plans
- Collecting security process data and metrics
- Auditing and control management
Skill Level Advanced
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple and I'd like to welcome you to our CISSP Security Assessment and Testing course. The Certified Information System Security Professional or CISSP Certification is the gold standard for information security certification. You'll find that it's a core requirement for many mid and senior level information security positions. Earning the CISSP requires demonstrating that you have sufficient work experience and passing an exam covering the eight domains of information security.
This course covers the six of those eight domains. Security Assessment and Testing. I have two decades of experience as an information security professional and I've been involved in CISSP training and certification for most of those. As you work your way through this course you might find it helpful to have two books that I've written by your side. The first is the Official CISSP Study Guide available from Sybex. This book is approved by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium as the official study guide for the exam.
And it contains context that supplements this course and will help you be prepared when you take the exam. The second book you'll want is the Official CISSP Practice Tests also available from Sybex. This book contains 1300 practice exam questions designed to mimic those on the actual exam. It has an entire chapter dedicated to questions from each domain along with two full-length practice tests to help you assess your progress. As we work our way through this course we will focus on each topic covered by Domain 6.
We'll review how to design and validate assessment and testing strategies. We'll also cover conducting security control testing and analyzing test results. You'll learn how you can facilitate internal and external audits and that's just a small sampling of the many topics covered in this course. These topics combined with the information you learn in our other CISSP courses will help you pass the CISSP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security.
Alright, let's get rolling.