Business continuity efforts are a collection of activities designed to keep a business running in the face of adversity. In this video, learn the business continuity planning process, including developing and documenting the project scope, conducting business impact assessments, and developing risk assessments.
- [Narrator] Business continuity planning…is one of the core responsibilities…of the information security profession.…Business continuity efforts are a collection of activities…designed to keep a business running…in the face of adversity.…This adversity may come in the form…of a small-scale incident such as a single system failure,…or a catastrophic incident such as an earthquake or tornado.…Business continuity plans may also be activated…by manmade disasters such as a terrorist attack…or hacker intrusion.…While many organizations place responsibility…for business continuity with operational engineering teams,…business continuity is a core security concept…because it is the primary control…that supports the security objective of availability.…
Remember, that's one of the big three objectives…of information security:…confidentiality, integrity, and availability.…When an organization begins a business continuity effort,…it's easy to quickly become overwhelmed…by the many possible scenarios and controls…that the project might consider.…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.