Business continuity efforts are a collection of activities designed to keep a business running in the face of adversity. In this video, learn the business continuity planning process, including developing and documenting the project scope, conducting business impact assessments, and developing risk assessments.
- [Narrator] Business continuity planning…is one of the core responsibilities…of the information security profession.…Business continuity efforts are a collection…of activities designed to keep a business running…in the face of adversity.…This adversity may come in the form…of a small-scale incident such as a single system failure,…or a catastrophic incident such as an earthquake or tornado.…Business continuity plans may also be activated…by manmade disasters such as a terrorist attack…or hacker intrusion.…While many organizations place responsibility…for business continuity with operational engineering teams,…business continuity is a core security concept…because it is the primary control…that supports the security objective of availability.…
Remember, that's one of the big three objectives…of information security:…confidentiality, integrity, and availability.…When an organization begins a business continuity effort,…it's easy to to quickly become overwhelmed…by the many possible scenarios and controls…that the project might consider.…
- Building an incident response program
- Escalation and notification
- eDiscovery process
- Conducting investigations
- System and file forensics
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Business continuity planning
- Validating backups
- Testing BC/DR plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 06/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated three videos, covering creating an incident response program, communications plan, and response team.