Business continuity professionals have a variety of tools at their disposal to help remediate potential availability issues. In this video, learn the common controls used to implement business continuity plans, including single point of failure analysis, continuity of operations plans, succession plans, and IT contingency planning.
- [Narrator] Business continuity professionals…have a variety of tools at their disposal…to help remediate potential availability issues.…One of the critical ways that IT professionals…protect the availability of systems…is ensuring that they are redundant.…That simply means that systems are designed…in such a way that the failure of a single component…doesn't bring the entire system down.…Business can continue in the face…of a single predictable failure.…The single point of failure analysis process…provides security professionals with a mechanism…to identify and remove single points of failure…from their systems.…
Let's look at an example.…Here we have a simple web-based application,…a web server protected by a firewall…and connected to the internet.…As we conduct a single point of failure analysis,…we might first notice that the web server itself…is a single point of failure.…If anything goes wrong with the server,…the web service will stop functioning.…We can correct the situation by replacing…the single web server with a clustered farm…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.