Security professionals are responsible for preparing their organizations for this eventuality by building a security incident response program. In this video, learn how to develop a solid foundation for an organization's information security incident response program.
- [Narrator] Unfortunately, no matter how well…we prepare, security incidents can and do occur.…Security professionals are responsible…for preparing their organizations…for this eventuality by building a security…incident response program.…The National Institute for Standards and Technology…or NIST is the authoritative source for information…on security incident response.…As you develop your incident response plan,…you may wish to refer to their computer security incident…handling guide which is NIST special publication 800-61.…
You can download it for free from the web.…We'll cover some of the highlights of this NIST guide…in this course.…As you build your incident response program,…you should ensure that it includes five key components.…First, it should include some documentation,…your incident response policy and plan.…Second, it should include procedures…for incident handling and reporting,…and it should also provide guidelines…for communicating with outside parties during an incident.…The plan should outline your team's structure…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Computer Forensics (2014)with Jungwoo Ryoo1h 57m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.