Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Build an incident response program, part of CySA+ Cert Prep: 3 Cyber Incident Response.
- [Instructor] While we strive to protect our systems…and information against a wide variety of threats,…the grim reality is that no matter how many controls we put…in place, there's still a possibility…that we'll fall victim to a security incident.…As we explore the incident response process in this course,…we'll focus on using a standard set…of practices endorsed by the National Institute…for Standards and Technology, NIST.…If you'd like more information on this process,…you can find a complete reference…in the NIST computer security incident handling guide.…
It's published online as NIST special publication 800-61,…and this guide is widely used as a standard reference…throughout the cyber security field.…Every organization should develop…a cyber security incident response plan…that outlines the policies,…procedures, and guidelines…that the organization will follow…when an incident takes place.…This process is extremely important,…because it provides structure…and organization in the heat of a crisis.…
I've been involved in many security incidents over…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Identifying and classifying security incidents
- Determining incident severity
- Building an incident response program
- Notification, mitigation, recording, and reporting
- Incident symptoms
- Conducting forensic investigations
- Password, network, software, and device forensics
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Assessing Incidents
Threat classification4m 5s
2. Incident Response Process
3. Incident Symptoms
4. Forensic Investigations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.