Security awareness programs must continuously evolve as both business and security requirements change and new threats emerge. Security professionals should use their awareness metrics and industry research to guide the updating of their awareness efforts. In this video, learn about the components of an awareness program review.
- [Instructor] Security awareness programs…must continuously evolve as both business…and security requirements change and new threats emerge.…Security professionals should use their awareness metrics…and industry research to guide the updating…of security awareness efforts.…Any awareness program should include…three important components.…First, security training includes in-person…and online classes and seminars…designed to share important security information…with employees and other stakeholders.…
Second, security education provides advanced…formal knowledge of information security…to security practitioners.…Education includes formal degree programs…and other highly structured courses…and certificate programs.…And third, security awareness efforts…are designed to remind employees…of their responsibilities on a routine basis,…keeping security top of mind.…Each of these three components should be updated…during any security awareness program review.…
The awareness program review should also verify…the types of awareness, training, and education…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.