Security awareness programs must continuously evolve as both business and security requirements change and new threats emerge. Security professionals should use their awareness metrics and industry research to guide the updating of their awareness efforts. In this video, learn about the components of an awareness program review.
- [Instructor] Security education…is an important component of any organization's…information security program.…If employees don't know their security responsibilities,…you can't depend upon them to do their part…to protect information and systems.…It's important that organizations take steps…to measure the effectiveness…of their security education efforts.…In an earlier video we looked at one way…to measure security awareness through the use…of simulated phishing campaigns.…
That certainly is a valid way to measure…the effectiveness of anti-phishing education programs,…but you don't need to go to those great lengths…to measure the effectiveness…of your security education program.…Security awareness measuring efforts…don't need to be complicated.…One easy way to measure the effectiveness of your program…is simply to ask users how they feel…about security education in a survey.…You might simply ask, how well do you think…our organization prepares you…to deal with information security threats?…Or, do you know your information security responsibilities?…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.