- [Mike] Audits and Assessments provide organizations…with the opportunity to evaluate their security controls…to ensure that they are functioning properly…and effectively protecting the confidentiality,…integrity, and availability of information and systems.…Audits and assessments are similar in purpose and function.…Both involve evaluating security controls,…reporting on their effectiveness,…and making recommendations for improvement.…The main difference between the two…lies in the purpose of the review.…
Assessments are generally performed by,…or requested by, an organization's I-T staff.…Audits are generally performed at the request…of someone else, such as a regulator,…executive, or board of directors.…When an organization undergoes an audit,…the auditors follow a formal standard…and perform planned tests that…are designed to determine how well…an organization complies with the standard.…For example, let's take a look at the Payment Card Industry…Data Security Standard, P-C-I-D-S-S.…
P-C-I-D-S-S is a very long, detailed standard…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 33m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.