Manufacturers are rushing IoT products to market, yet don't support upgrading or patching the operating system. One type of an attack can replicate across all similar devices, and as a result, there is a huge potential for attacks and glitches, including
- [Instructor] The IoT industry is rapidly growing,…and manufacturers continue to develop devices designed…for the Internet of Things.…As the IoT expands and more and more devices join,…it will become easier to launch an attack.…The threats from an attack of IoT devices are real,…and not only impact data, but also physical security,…such as devices used in medical facilities…and critical infrastructure applications.…
Before connecting objects like buildings,…medical devices, cars, and homes to the IoT,…manufacturers must address the many security challenges…when dealing with the devices.…Criminal organizations are investing a significant amount…of money, time, and resources gathering information…on IoT devices and customizing cyber attacks…that are effective and targets the most victims.…
There are many issues in IoT devices.…Many systems are mass-produced and similar in their design,…meaning one type of an attack can…be replicated across all similar devices.…Many times an IoT device is sold once and done,…in that vendors do not support upgrading…
In this course, join Lisa Bock as she explores the relationship between security, privacy, and the IoT. Lisa discusses how the vulnerabilities in IoT devices have the potential to compromise user privacy and make them more susceptible to attacks and glitches. In addition, she discusses IoT privacy concerns; existing standards, regulations, and guidelines, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley; and proposed standards and legislation that are currently in the works to ensure the privacy of the data collected on the IoT.
- Security, privacy, and the IoT
- Attacks and glitches
- Denial-of-sleep attacks
- Voice and sound attacks
- IoT vulnerabilities
- Glitches and compatibility issues
- Privacy concerns
- Existing standards and regulations
- Proposed standards and legislation
- Firewalls and IDS
Skill Level Intermediate
Raspberry Pi: Home Monitoring and Controlwith David Ross1h 29m Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Mobile Devices and Platformswith Malcolm Shore1h 52m Intermediate
2. Potential Attacks and Glitches
5. Existing Standards and Regulations
6. Proposed Standards and Legislation
7. Securing IoT Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.