Learn about asymmetric ciphers.
- [Instructor] Unlike symmetric algorithms,…asymmetric algorithms don't need a shared secret key.…For this reason,…they're often referred to as public key cryptography.…With asymmetric algorithms,…a private key is used to encrypt the data…and a public key is used to decrypt the data.…Asymmetric key cryptography provides us with…confidentiality, integrity, authentication,…and non-repudiation for our messages being sent.…To provide confidentiality of the data…the data should only be encrypted…using the receiver's public key.…
By doing so, the receiver's private key…can decrypt the contents,…ensuring that it is safe from prying eyes.…In fact, once you encrypt the data…using the receiver's public key,…even you, the sender, can't decrypt that data.…To provide authentication though,…the message should be encrypted…using the sender's private key.…By doing so, anyone with access…to the sender's public key,…which could be anyone in the world,…can open a message and read it.…This doesn't provide us with any confidentiality.…
- Adapting data flow security to changing business needs
- Provisioning and deprovisioning resources
- Security and privacy considerations of storage integration
- Integrating the cloud and virtualization into the secure enterprise architecture
- Identity proofing and identity propagation
- Integrating cryptographic techniques into the secure enterprise architecture
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Mobile device encryption considerations
- Integrating secure communications and collaboration solutions
Skill Level Advanced
CASP+ Cert Prep: 1 Risk Managementwith Jason Dion2h 34m Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
2. Integrating the Cloud and Virtualization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
3. Integrating Authentication and Authorization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
4. Integrating Cryptographic Techniques into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
5. Integrating Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
What next?3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.