This video contains a discussion of inventory control and asset management.
- [Instructor] Asset management…and inventory control are important to utilize…inside your organization to ensure your assets are not lost…or stolen.…This includes the data on those assets,…not just the assets themself.…Asset management is concerned with tracking the devices…and the data that the organization owns.…Inventory control, on the other hand,…is focused on tracking and maintaining the inventory.…Now, all organizations are going to use asset management,…but not all organizations need to utilize inventory control.…
For example, my company doesn't utilize inventory control.…The reason is because we don't maintain an excess inventory…of assets.…Instead, we utilize a proper asset management control system…so we know where each of our systems, laptops,…and servers are located at all times.…Other organizations I've been a part of though,…we've had to use inventory control in order to account…for all of our spare parts and hardware…that was sitting in our store rooms prior…to release and deployment.…For the CASP exam,…
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.