This video explores spiral, waterfall, and agile approaches to development.
- [Instructor] There are many different approaches…to developing software applications.…Before the CASP exam, there are only four approaches…that you have to be familiar with.…These are the waterfall, spiral, Agile,…and DevOps development approaches.…The waterfall approach…is an incremental development approach.…This is a very rigid methodology…where the steps are followed in strict sequential order.…In the waterfall model, each phase has its own…acceptance criteria and milestones…that must be completed prior to moving to the next phase.…
Under this model, development moves through several phases,…including requirements analysis, design,…implementation, testing, and maintenance.…There are some security concerns with the waterfall model.…One is the issue that the model is very linear…and sequential in nature,…so if a team is moving into the next phase,…the previous phase is considered completed…and not revisited.…Because of this, projects can take longer,…bugs are often discovered later in the process,…and more security issues may not be fixed…
Looking for study partners?Join the CASP+ Exam study group
To effectively fight off malware and cyberattacks on an enterprise network, IT security professionals must understand how to collaborate with colleagues across their organization and research new and emerging threats. In this installment of the CASP+ Cert Prep series, instructor Jason Dion equips you with research methods and collaboration techniques that can help you implement secure designs in your business, as well as prepare for domain 5 of the CASP+ exam: Research, Development, and Collaboration. Learn methods for researching industry trends that could impact your network, review key security activities across both the systems and software development lifecycles, and discover how to collaborate with stakeholders in a range of different roles, from database administrators to HR teams.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.