Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Application troubleshooting, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 4 Virtualization Printers and Troubleshooting.
- Ah!…Remember when applications used to come in a box?…Happy memories.…Oh well, anyway in this episode there are a number of…questions on the A+ troubleshooting scenarios that discuss…issues that are application specific.…So I wanna talk a little bit about application…troubleshooting.…Now there's four of these, and I'm just gonna grab them…in no particular order.…So let's start with missing dll.…Missing dll means that your executable program cannot find…a dynamic link library.…
Dll's are nothing more than repositories of subroutines…that are all stuffed into a single file.…Windows and every Windows application I know of…lives heavily on dll's,…so let me get started showing you a dll.…So if you take a look over here I'm on my C drive,…and in this case I'm gonna go over to Program Files,…and I'm gonna open up 7-Zip.…7-Zip is a very, very popular compression/uncompression…tool, and if you take a look in here you'll see I have…executables, but do you see all these dll's.…
Without those dll's the 7-Zip program simply…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.