In this video, learn about available application security frameworks.
- [Instructor] Numerous frameworks have been developed…to help provide structure…to the way application security is developed.…These developments have been implemented…through the process of software assurance,…different development approaches, secure coding standards,…and validation and acceptance frameworks,…as well as guidelines.…Each of these area will be covered…in depth in a separate lecture.…But why do we even have the need…for application security frameworks?…Well for one, it's just a case…of so many options being presented to us.…
There is a huge diversity of programming languages,…application servers, middleware platforms,…and specialized security products…all being used by our organizations.…How can we go about securing…all of this divergent technology?…Well, the best way is for our enterprises…to use standard guidance, frameworks, and approaches…to meet our application security requirements.…These frameworks are often focused…around a specific technology or platform.…They only focus on the end-to-end service,…
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.