Find out if Google compatible with traditional software and data.
- [Instructor] Now let's look at Google Cloud Platform.…What's important is that Google Cloud Platform…is in third or fourth place,…depending on who you're listening to.…So, some of the analysts put them in third…behind Azure, some of them put IBM ahead of them.…My experience is that they seem to be picking up steam,…in essence selling to their existing base.…And they're probably under-ranked…by the existing analyst communities.…So, keep that in mind as you read about…Google Cloud Platform that they may be a bit more advanced…in the market than I think people are letting on.…
They have good services, but are limited.…So, while they have a database, they don't have 10 databases…and different partner databases are in the cloud,…such as Amazon and Microsoft.…And while they have good storage,…they don't have the breadth of storage that AWS has.…While they have good security,…they're missing bits and pieces.…For example, identity access management was just added.…Took them a while to do that,…and that's obviously a dealbreaker for many enterprises…
- Public cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Reviewing Microsoft Azure
- Reviewing Google Cloud Platform
- Reviewing IBM Softlayer
Skill Level Beginner
1. Public Cloud Basics
2. Public Cloud Platforms
3. Amazon Web Services
4. Microsoft Azure
5. Google Cloud Platform
6. IBM Softlayer
Next steps3m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.