Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Analyzing scan reports, part of SSCP Cert Prep: 3 Risk Identification, Monitoring, and Analysis.
- [Instructor] As a cyber security analyst,…you'll probably spend a good amount of your time…analyzing reports from vulnerability scans.…One of your primary responsibilities will be…sorting through the results of these scans…and presenting information from them…to a variety of audiences.…You'll need to provide engineers, developers,…and administrators with the technical details…that they need to correct issues.…You'll need to explain trends and high level risk ratings…to business leaders, and you'll need to present…security management with a picture…of how well the organization is doing at managing risk.…
As you interpret the results of any scan report,…you should first focus on five factors…that we've already discussed,…the severity of the vulnerability,…the criticality of the systems affected,…the sensitivity of the information involved,…the difficulty of remediation,…and the exposure of the system with the vulnerability.…These five factors will help you triage…the various vulnerabilities that you face…and feed the right priorities into your…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.