This video provides an overview of what will be covered in the course.
- [Instructor] The agenda for today. We'll go through a quick review and level set of the characteristics of cloud services, and the security-related aspects to those characteristics of cloud services. We'll talk about what are the things we need to consider when using cloud service provider services, and the things we have to consider to make sure we're protecting our data, we're operating in that environment with the proper controls. Now, we'll have examples of several popular cloud service providers, and we'll talk about, you know, what are their standards, guidelines for operating in their environments, and we'll see how their security models are different.
We will see what the customer responsibilities are for operating in those cloud environments, as well as understand what the service provider does. We'll talk about software container security and how the use of software containers in a cloud infrastructure changes the way we think about security, or what new opportunities that may give us to greater secure our applications. We'll talk about examples of some cloud security controls, and look at examples of other components that can be added and layered on top of an infrastructure to make it even more secure, and give us more visibility and control of our data and applications that we're running there.
We'll talk about, you know, other security services in the cloud. Can the cloud actually provide us some security benefits, compared to traditional perimeter-based Internet defense strategies, and we'll talk about some cloud security certifications, some areas and places to look for to learn more about cloud security and the body of knowledge in the domain, and what are those certifications to look for.
This course was created and produced by Mentor Source, Inc. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Components of a cloud computing platform
- Reviewing 5-4-3 cloud characteristics
- NIST guidelines on cloud security
- Cloud security considerations
- CSP availability requirements
- Security best practices for clouds
- AWS security settings and best practices
- Software containers used in cloud systems
- Cloud security certifications