In this video, learn about advanced vulnerability scanning concepts, including intrusive vs. non-intrusive scanning, credentialed vs. noncredentialed scanning, and the verification of false positives.
- [Instructor] We've already discussed many…of the basic concepts of vulnerability scanning…in this course.…Let's now take a moment to dive deeper…into a few advanced vulnerability scanning topics.…As you set up a vulnerability scan,…you need to carefully consider the type of scan…that you will perform.…Most scanners allow you to choose between intrusive…and non-intrusive, or dangerous and safe modes.…Scans runs in non-intrusive, or safe mode,…will not perform tests that could themselves…disrupt system operation.…
This is the safest way to go when you are worried…about damaging production services,…but this mode does not provide an accurate picture…of security because it fails to show you…if those attacks would have been successful.…One way to balance these concerns is to run tests…against production systems in safe mode,…but then clone those systems running dangerous mode scans…against the images.…When you run vulnerability scans,…you'll receive detailed reports of issues discovered…during the scan.…Sometimes, those reports contain errors.…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.