Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced authorization concepts, part of CySA+ Cert Prep: 5 Identity and Access Management.
- [Narrator] As we wrap up our…discussion of authorization concepts,…let's talk about a few advanced issues…related to authorization in an access control system.…We need to discuss the implicit deny principle,…rule-based authorization, role-based authorization…and time of day restrictions.…The implicit deny principle,…otherwise known as default deny,…is one of the foundational principles…of access control systems.…It says that anything that is not…explicitly allowed should be denied.…
If a computer system doesn't have…explicit instructions on how to handle a situation,…it should to default to denying access.…Firewalls are a common example of…the default deny principle in action.…When a firewall receives a connection request,…it first consults its rules to determine…whether a rule explicitly addresses the situation.…If the firewall finds a matching rule,…it carries out the action specified by that rule.…If the firewall does not have explicit guidance…on handling the request, it blocks the connection.…
Role-based access control systems simplify…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Provisioning and deprovisioning
- Identity security issues
- Using biometric measures as identification mechanisms
- Multifactor authentication
- Password authentication protocols
- How LDAP and Kerberos work together
- Identity as a Service (IDaaS)
- Mandatory and discretionary access controls
- Defending against password attacks
- Social engineering attacks
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management
5. Access Control Exploits
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.