Join Ryan Spence for an in-depth discussion in this video Acquire a device securely, part of Learning Mobile Device Security.
- [Instructor] The popularity of smart devices…is a $450 billion annual market.…The demand is so great that the value of a new smart device…extends well beyond the manufacturer's support.…Therefore, a large secondary supply is available…for those who either cannot afford…or obtain a new device from the manufacturer.…These secondary markets are a compelling…channel for users and organizations…who are motivated to avoid new devices;…however, they are also a source of vulnerability.…
Therefore, security must begin with how…you acquire your mobile device.…As with any strong market, the mobile device…market has traditional sales channels…as well as nontraditional sales channels.…Traditional sales channels usually include licensed…retailers, like Apple, Walmart, Best Buy, and Costco;…or service carriers, like T-Mobile,…Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon.…Nontraditional sales channels include…secondary market retail establishments…as well as online venues, like eBay and Craigslist.…
There are also secondary online markets…for used device acquisition, like Swappa and Zwee.…
- Recognize two risks that accompany mobile devices.
- Recall the steps you should take to prepare a mobile phone for resale.
- Name three causes of an unrecognizable fingerprint scan.
- Identify two options available when setting up device administrators.
- Explore storage settings to maximize space on your mobile device.
- Explain how the location services tool finds a missing device.
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
Learning iPhone and iPad Securitywith Nick Brazzi1h 44m Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Security through Mobile Management
5. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.