Security professionals may take advantage of account policies to apply security requirements and other configuration settings across the domain. Windows Active Directory provides group policy functionality to allow this type of configuration. In this video, learn the use of account policies to implement controls.
- [Voiceover] Security professionals may take advantage…of account policies to apply security requirements…and other configuration settings across the domain.…Windows Active Directory provides group policy functionality…to allow this type of configuration.…Administrators may create group policy objects…or GPOs which are groups of configuration settings…and then apply those GPOs to either an entire domain…or smaller groups of users and computers known…as organizational units.…
Let's create a Group Policy Object together…on a Windows server.…We'll work together to design a policy that requires…the use of a password-protected screensaver for all users.…From Server Manager, we pull down the Tools menu…and choose the Group Policy Management tool.…We drill down to our domain, corp.TestDomain.com…and expand the Group Policy Objects folder.…Notice that there are only two default policies here.…
We right-click on the folder and choose New…from the pop-up menu.…Let's give our GPO a logical name, say, screensaver policy…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 33m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.