Get an overview of access control overview and learn about best practices.
- [Instructor] I am now logged into…the Google Cloud Platform dashboard.…What we want to do in this exercise is to essentially create…a container for a specific user group.…In this case, we want to create what is called a GCP project.…A project in GCP is essentially a way…to create a container of resources.…This will allow us to be able to give…specific resource access to a specific group of users.…
A project is also used for billing purposes as well.…So let's go ahead and proceed and create a project.…The first thing we want to do is go up to the arrow here…and select the drop-down.…You can see that I have several projects there,…but let's proceed and create a new project…by selecting Create project.…As you can see, it is saying that I have…7 projects remaining in my quota.…
GCP has quotas on resources and objects that you create…in Google Cloud Platform.…They do that for two reasons.…In case there is runaway, a resource usage,…or perhaps a security breach as well.…So let's go ahead and change the name…to CompTIAcloudproject.…
This course can prepare you for the qualifying exam by covering the topics outlined in domain 2.0 of the CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) certification exam: Security. Instructor Joseph Holbrook reviews concepts that can help both experienced IT professionals prepping for exam CV0-002, and current certification holders who need to renew their certification. Joseph reviews security and compliance best practices; security template and access control lists; how to implement the right security technologies; and security automation techniques. He also goes over how to troubleshoot security and connectivity issues.
- Identifying cloud encryption technology
- Tunneling protocols
- Access control lists
- Implementing defined security technologies
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation
- Compliance requirements
- Security automation techniques
- Identifying common networking issues
- Types of cloud attacks