In this video, learn the details of the CASP+ exam, such as the cost, where to take it, and other info like how the domain of Research, Development, and Collaboration is only 1 of the 5 required domains to pass the exam.
- [Instructor] Before we get started with this course, there are a few key pieces of information that you should know about the CASP Exam or the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner. First, this course is designed to meet the objectives for CASP CAS-003 version of the exam which is the current version of the exam as of 2018. This course is designed to cover research, development, and collaboration which makes up domain five of the CASP Exam. The CASP Certification Exam is made up of five different domains, risk management, enterprise security architecture, enterprise security operations, technical integration of enterprise security, and research, development, and collaboration.
Each of these domains must be mastered in order for you to be successful in passing the CASP Certification Exam on test day. Domain five or research, development, and collaboration, encompasses 13% of the questions that you're going to receive when you sit for the exam on test day. It represents the smallest domain covered on the certification exam. During the certification exam, you'll receive up to 90 questions. These questions are a mixture of multiple choice and performance-based questions and you'll be given 165 minutes to complete the entire exam.
This exam is designed to test your technical management ability for IT administration of the enterprise. CompTIA recommends that you have 10 years of experience in the field prior to undertaking this exam and that you have at least five years of hands-on technical IT security experience as part of that experience. The exam is difficult, but it is achievable. In this course, you're going to learn the concepts of research, development, and collaboration in order for you to take and pass the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Exam with confidence.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management