Learn about the responsibilities for IaaS security.
- [Instructor] We're going to talk about,…go through examples of cloud services…and look at how they're secured…and what are our responsibilities…and what does the cloud service provider offer us…in order to operate in their environment securely.…So Amazon web services or AWS…is really a market leader in infrastructure as a service.…So remember our models from before,…this is the infrastructure as a service.…So with this type of model, we bear a lot of responsibility…in terms of configuration of our systems,…our computers, our instances, our virtual machines,…the data that's stored.…
So they are an infrastructure as a service,…and they're a public cloud service,…so if we make a mistake, our data could be…exposed to the public internet.…And so stakes are kind of high in Amazon web services…and we want to make sure that it's secure if we're using AWS.…But they are a market leader,…so it bears us looking at them as part of this session.…AWS has a super scalable, high availability…global infrastructure, that's broken across multiple regions…
This course was created and produced by Mentor Source, Inc. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Components of a cloud computing platform
- Reviewing 5-4-3 cloud characteristics
- NIST guidelines on cloud security
- Cloud security considerations
- CSP availability requirements
- Security best practices for clouds
- AWS security settings and best practices
- Software containers used in cloud systems
- Cloud security certifications