Learn how to determine the right toolsets for the automation of security tasks.
- [Instructor] Application programming interfaces.…Let's discuss what an API is…and why it's important to the cloud.…An application programming interface,…also known as an API,…is code that allows two software programs…to communicate with each each other.…APIs are essentially a set routines, protocols and tools…for building software applications.…With APIs there are essentially two parts to an API.…
There is a specification.…This is essentially how to connect…the data specifications,…the data routines, et cetera,…and the interface, basically establishing the connection.…API calls, these are basically a request.…There's three types of APIs.…We have a program API.…Program APIs are based on remote procedure calls…and can help make the remote program look local.…
Web APIs represent HTML resources…and are also known as RESTful or REST APIs.…Local APIs are essentially OS or middleware services…to application programs.…REST APIs are wildly used in the cloud…by providers such as Amazon Web Services.…REST is an architectural style…
This course can prepare you for the qualifying exam by covering the topics outlined in domain 2.0 of the CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) certification exam: Security. Instructor Joseph Holbrook reviews concepts that can help both experienced IT professionals prepping for exam CV0-002, and current certification holders who need to renew their certification. Joseph reviews security and compliance best practices; security template and access control lists; how to implement the right security technologies; and security automation techniques. He also goes over how to troubleshoot security and connectivity issues.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Identifying cloud encryption technology
- Tunneling protocols
- Access control lists
- Implementing defined security technologies
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation
- Compliance requirements
- Security automation techniques
- Identifying common networking issues
- Types of cloud attacks